September 17, 2014 11 Comments
I have a brand new video tutorial showing you how to manage the seams of a block by nesting and spinning the seams. By nesting and spinning your seams, you'll have a block that not only looks wonderful but is strong and will quilt easily.
Steps for Nesting and Spinning Seams:
1. When joining blocks, start and stop sewing at 1/4” down from the selvage. Backstitch 2-3 stitches at each point.
2. After your row is joined, press seams in alternating directions. One seam goes right, one left, one right, etc. The seams on the next row will alter- nate in the opposite order of the one before it.
3. Join rows with one continuous seam, sewing directly through each intersection.
4. After joining your rows, press the new seams in alternating directions, allowing the seams to “spin” at each intersection.
5. It’s like magic!! Now you have beautifully spun seams, with no bulk at the intersections. This makes your quilt stronger, and easier to quilt.
As always, glue basting makes assembling your block easy and accurate.
December 06, 2022 1 Comment
Quilt Block Mania - December 2022
November 01, 2022 2 Comments